Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Mmm Mmm Good

So I meant to post about this at the end of last week but I've just been busy with student teaching stuff and didn't get around to it. Wow, I only have 7 days left until I will be an official certified teacher. Well, I'm sure it will be a little longer than that since there is bound to be lots of paper work and some money that needs to change hands before then but I can't believe how fast this 3 months has gone by. One of my students today asked me if I really had to leave...I told him I would love to stay if I could but I was only allowed to stay until Thanksgiving . He wanted to know if I would be going to a different classroom and I said no I would be done with student teaching and need to get my own teaching job. He said they would just have to hire me to be his teacher then! Isn't that sooo cute. I sure am going to miss my little darlings :(

Anyway, I tried a new Crockpot recipe that wasn't a soup! Can you believe it? I made BBQ Pork Sandwiches and seeing that there wasn't any leftovers I think Mr. Man was a fan! Only problem is I forgot to take pictures while I was making it so I'll just post the link to the recipe I used. It was another find on kraftfoods.com. I've yet to try a recipe from this site that wasn't easy to follow and really tasty! I did change a few things up however. I couldn't find the pork shoulder listed so I just used boneless pork chops (when I went to shred it it sort of became more of a chopped meat but was still very tasty). I also used more BBQ sauce because I was afraid it might start to burn with such a small amount of liquid. I think I went a little overkill myself but I would use atleast a cup instead of the 1/2 cup called for. I hope you give this a try...it made the house smell sooo good and again was the easiest recipe I've made in the crockpot so far!


http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/slow-cooker-bbq-pork-sandwiches-107282.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment