Saturday, November 12, 2011

Quick and Easy

Good morning blogger land! I just wanted to pop in with a quick post for you guys....if there are any of you guys out there...I may just be rambling to myself most days...anyway...

So earlier in the week I decided I wanted to try to make healthier Pigs in a Blanket at home. They are one of my favorite things for breakfast at the Donut Shop but I don't even want to think about how many calories they are. So I bought the Original Crescent Pillsbury rolls and some Lil' Smokies but I got the turkey meat kind. I personally love to use ground turkey meat instead of beef whenever I'm cooking. My dad was a diabetic and had heart problems so it was easier for my mom to alter the family meals instead of just his. I guess since I grew up with it I like the taste but for those of you used to beef it may be a lot different for you, but lean turkey meat is so much better for you.  I use the myfitnesspal app on my phone to check the calories, it's become one of my favorite tools to use since I've been trying to eat healthier and lose a few lbs. You can access the program online if you want to check out all the neat features and it's FREE which makes it even better! They ended up being about 116 calories each. The rolls were 100 of it so I might try to see if I can find some that are better. I ended up eating two and that was enough for me, I even got Mr. Man to eat one and he hates PIAB (I know he is weird) and he said he liked them!  They were super easy since you just roll the meat into the crescent and bake for around 12 minutes! May kind of cooking! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment