Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful for CVS...

Hey there! I know I've been away for a little while but I've just been enjoying my time off from school with a little retail therapy and a lot of time on the couch (after working out of course)!

As you all know I'm kinda obsessed with Coupons, CVS and Crockpots lately.....I promise it's not because they all start with C but that is kinda weird in itself....hmmm...Well, I have had this Thanksgiving CVS trip planned for like a week now and I'm so excited to come back and share it with you guys.  I think I've really lost it now...I'm embarrassed to admit I even dreamt last night about getting there today and there were people everywhere and they kept getting to all the deals before me and I ended up with like 2 things!  I know....it's really bad right?!?!?

Anyway, so I got there about 5 minutes before they opened this morning with the vision that a lot of people would be there to get all these things for free (Sidenote: I have never been Black Friday shopping so I assumed that if there is a good sale people will be lining the streets to get it...like the people I saw camped outside of our Best Buy this past Monday.....yeah). So I pull up and there were only 2 other cars and they belonged to the workers! I was able to get everything I wanted and got to take my time doing it and honestly I could've gotten more things but I can always check back later this week to see what's left.

The one thing I was most excited to get was a new Crockpot! The CVS in my town is pretty much the smallest one in the area so they don't always have what is advertised but they had this bad boy and it was on sale from $30 to $18.88 and I got $10 back for next time. However, I did split my transactions up so I could use some extrabucks towards it and not have to take money out of the bank....it ended up costing me $.04 out of pocket!!!! :) And yes that wasn't a typo...4 pennies people!

Here is a picture of my haul for you guys to see. They have a great sale running, a lot of the items I got they gave me the amount back in extrabucks so they were free and I had a few coupons and extrabucks already so that helped but still it's a great deal even if you don't have any and could help you get a really good start on couponing there if you are interested.
 Worth $127.73 paid $17.34 with roughly $53 ECB for next purchases! :)

Again, I didn't buy everything I could have, but even though I love CVS, I didn't want to spend that much time of my Thanksgiving morning shopping there. However, if you are interested in this sale I would try to find the time to slip out to your local store and see what is left. Maybe I'm a little coupon paranoid but I've noticed lately if I wait to late in the day to get to my CVS for a deal it won't be there....there must be another "Crazy Couponer" in the area! I guess it's catching. hehe

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday, filled with lots of love and family fun and food! We are only attending one Thanksgiving this year compared to the usual 2 or 3 we try to squeeze in. My stomach will appreciate that I'm sure! Toodles!

And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. - Colossians 3:15

No comments:

Post a Comment