Monday, October 10, 2011

Another day....

Another day with no dollars....

So I've officially made it halfway through my student teaching and it feels like it has flown by. I guess that is a good thing because I am learning so much and getting great experience but not getting paid for it! The check account is hurting too! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I might be able to line up a job mid year but I'm not holding my breathe. Hopefully I will be able to sub regularly and make enough to pay the bills. I am thankful I have a husband who is supportive of this career decision I have made and makes enough on his own to cover everything right now but it will be nice to make my own money. Not sure why but I feel better when I'm making my own mula and can support myself. Anywho, just pray that teaching jobs will be abundantly open this coming school year. I can honestly say right now this is the best career decision I have made and feel that this is where God wants me to be. I just have to wait for his timing I guess.

Let's see....I know I said I would post more pictures of my pumpkins when I finished them....well...so far I've done 2 and I've done about half of another small one. What can I say...I've just been lazy when I get home from school. I love my little dears but they wear you out! Hopefully, I'll have a spurt of craftiness kick in sometime this week and I will get those done and post. I bought this gourd looking thing too to cover...it kinda looks like a giant pear but I think it will be cute!

As far as cooking, I haven't been doing a lot of that lately either. I basically come home and plaster myself to the couch. The hubs asks me frequently if I plan on getting up from my perch which I kindly as possible answer with a grunt of no. I am the best couch potato ever I think....if it were a sport I would win hands down....however, I have been inspired a lot lately by recipes I've stumbled across of pinterest and one I plan on tackling tomorrow is Chicken and Dumplings in the crockpot. My other half loves himself some C & D and I've never made it myself. This is kind of an experiment since I've never used a crockpot either so here's hoping all goes well.  I thought I would share the recipe on here in case you get a hungering for some! Looks good and EASY! Toodleoo! :)



http://www.bubblecrumb.com/2010/02/14/crock-pot-chicken-and-dumplings-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment