Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Another Success! :)

I've been having a lot of obsessive and addictive behaviors lately but it's all good things. First off pinterest has become one of my favorite sites ever. I get on it at least once or twice a day now....ok I'll admit sometimes more than that but it's just amazing. If you haven't gone yet ummm...just jump in with the rest of us, you won't regret it. Secondly, I've mentioned this before but I'm obsessed with coupons now. It's become almost a sport for me..haha...to see what I can get a deal on. I almost had a heart attack this weekend when the Hubs said he would like to go shopping with me...that's right you didn't hallucinate he said he wanted to come!!! He says he likes my new way of shopping...who knew all it took was saving him tons of money to want to spend time with me in a store! We went to Target and I bought about $70 worth of products and paid $38 but I got $15 in gift cards! I love it! Anywho, one of my favorite sites is iamthatlady.com. She has so much useful information so if you are interested in getting started I would check her out.

Now on to my last obsession....my CROCKPOT! I absolutely love how easy it is to dump everything into one pot and come home to a pretty much cooked meal! The better half is really enjoying it to! ;) I'm a little late at posting this but last Friday I broke out the Crockpot again to try another pinterest discovery, Potato Soup. It was pretty good, I personally like soups with a little more chunk to them but Mr. Man of Mine ate pretty much the whole pot himself and said to make more soon. So I've added this winner to my book...and it was really good when I crumbled a few saltines into mine so if you're like me give it a shot.


I tried to do a better job this time with pictures so here is everything you need:

1- bag frozen hash browns
1- large Swanson chicken broth -(I used reduced sodium)
1- pkg cream cheese (don't buy fat free, it won't melt)
1- small onion chopped
1- can cream of chicken
1- tbsp ground pepper


Add everything to the pot but the cream cheese.

Once it's all in stir and set on low for 6-8 hours. Again I did this while I was at work so it ended up being close to 9 hours. During the last hour add the cream cheese set it on high.
This is what it looks like after 9 hours. (I'm thinking maybe since mine ended up being a little longer than the time stated it was a little less chunky but I'm not sure).
I added shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream to mine...oh and the saltines too but I didn't get a picture of that. It was really good and if you like potato soup I'd give it a shot since it's that easy! Bon appetite! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment