Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Thrill of a Deal

So I mentioned in previous posts that I love couponing. It has become a big hobby for me and I love the thrill I get when I find a good deal. Now, for anyone that has seen the TLC show Extreme Couponing, I am no where close to extreme. I think I'm at just the right level of coupon crazy for my household at the moment.  I find most of my deals at CVS. I use to hate shopping there before couponing because I would go in for a few items and always seem to spend $30 or more. Now that I've figured out how to actually shop there I love it and can't wait for the next weeks ad to post to see what I can get.

The BIG thing to focus on there is the Extra Care Bucks. If you aren't taking advantage of this program yet...go to your CVS and sign up as soon as you can. I used to not even pay attention to my ECBs and I'll admit I would mostly throw them away before I started couponing. It breaks my heart now to think of all the free money I put in the trash before my eyes were opened to the savings world!

I would encourage everyone to consider couponing...it doesn't have to be a gazillion hour process like they portray on the show and you don't have to go out and buy 300 of something to get a deal (unless you want to I guess).  My family uses most of the items I have purchased and I have a nice stock of certain things that always seem to be on sale, but if I get to many of something I plan to donate. I don't need 100 toothbrushes and I don't understand anyone that thinks they do. I usually try to post my deals on facebook to share with friends but realized I haven't posted any of my deals yet here so I thought I would share with you guys.

Here is a picture of what I purchased today. Shocked that it's not 1000 Glade plug-ins? Well, welcome to the world of a typical couponer. These items were worth $50.43 and I paid $5.41 with $7 extrabucks back. So, let me breakdown what I purchased:

2- Glade "Lasting Impressions" - $11.49 ea.
1- Glade "Sense and Spray" - $11.49
4- bags of Hershey Kisses - $3.99 ea.

All of the Glade products were on sale for $5 ea. I had a $3 off coupon for each of these items and CVS gave me $4 extrabucks for spending $12 or more on these. So after coupons and ECBs the ended up being roughly $0.67 ea.

I was really excited about the candy because I wasn't sure the coupon I had was going to work since it said Halloween candy but it did so CVS had a ECB deal with these guys to give you $3 when you bought 4 bags. I had a $1 off coupon for all of them so they ended up being $0.75 ea.

Pretty exciting huh? Well, maybe not for everyone but it's fun for me and not as hard as I originally thought it would be. If you are interested in getting started I recommend checking out IamThatlady.com. She has some really great tips and a coupon database that I use for planning all of my trips. Hope you guys check it out! Toodle Loo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment