Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Crockpot Success!!!

I'm super excited to share my Crockpot adventure with you and super stoked that it actually turned out, not to brag or anything, but it's awesome...it got the Hubs approval so I know this recipe is a winner. Thank you once again to pinterest for my inspiration. This is the easiest Chicken and Dumplings recipe and I hope you all give it a go because you won't regret it....I promise! So without further ado..let the adventure begin!



Here is my lovely little crockpot. Like I said before I have never used a crockpot before and I love that there is only two heat settings on this so you can't really screw it up!



And...I didn't think to take pictures while I was preparing all this at 6:30 this morning but I had a random moment of wakefulness and managed to snap one once everything was in the pot. Ok so ingredients are:

2-boneless chicken breast - I bought mine fresh but I'm sure you could use frozen just thaw beforehand.
2-tbsp butter (I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)
1-tbsp dried parsley (I just kinda eyeballed this)
1-small onion diced (I couldn't find a small one so I used about half of a regular size white onion)
2-cans of cream of chicken
1-can of chicken broth
4-large flaky Grands biscuits (I bought a small can of 5 biscuits and ended up just using 3 but next time I may do 4)

I started by putting the chicken breast in and then I added each ingredient in the same order I have listed above. I also added a little water to my cans of cream of chicken to try to get it all out.



Alright, because I had to go to school today I set my Crockpot on the low setting at about 6:45 and got home about 4:00. Using a fork and spoon I shredded the chicken inside of the pot. It was so tender at this point it kinda feel apart on it's own. The above picture shows what it looked after shredding. The original recipe said to cook everything on high for 4-6 hours but I think everything turned out just fine on low for about 9 hours. (Sidenote-since the hubby comes home for lunch I put him to work today...well, he just stirred the pot a little for me. Not sure if this was important or not but I wanted him to check on things)



Ok at this point it's time to add the biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 9 pieces and slowly add them in. I stirred for a little to make sure they were nicely covered. Then set the crockpot on high and cooked for 30 mins. The dumplings are a little doughy compared to what we are used to but I kinda like it that way myself.

That's it! Isn't it super easy? I hope you give it a try...I'm so happy my first Crockpot adventure was a success! :) Feel free to share any Crockpot recipes you love since this is the one and only in my cookbook! Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment